8 September 2003
- v1.1 Beta3
- Improved Memory/Battery execution speed.
- Fixed "An unsupported operation was attemped" when attempting to access alternate button images on non-English versions (introduced in previous beta).
- Optimised Beta 3 build for speed rather than size (small increase in file size).
18 August 2003
- v1.1 Beta2 (18May)
- Fixed Minimise execute function for non-Close icons.
- Fixed Menu Bar image alignment bug.
- Added preview of BMP files in BMP Browser dialog.
- Fixed resource leeks in Icbar.exe
- Fixed Icbar Menu popup on execute so that the menu appears on every launch attempt after Icbar is running, rather than every second one.
- Made small change to the way Icbar returns to Today screen or top most application after an application closes. (Hopefully preventing soft-rests on some devices)
21 April 2003
- v1.1 Beta1
- Hidden tasks will now always minimise from the bar (Close All/Close Inactive), and close from the Icbar menu.
This way, you won't be killing activesync (and others) when you don't really want to.
- Added skinning of Menu Bar (bottom bar) with code from Marcello Bastea-Forte (PocketDict).
- Added ClearType text to the bar application, all but the Icbar menu now has the option
to enable/disable cleartype. Icbar Menu ClearType disable option will come later.
- Fixed bug, Icbar can now close Windows Media Player (WMP) while it is playing a media file
(like it once did before).
- Fixed Icbar Menu freeze when Activesync syncing.
- Fixed Icbar Setup delayed launch when Activesync is running.
- Fixed Icbar volume/mute icon update bug when changing volume state with 3rd party app.
- Added Tapn'Hold Close function to 'Running Task' icons.
- Added list of running tasks to the 'Hide' dialog for easy selection of difficult task names
e.g. names with special symbols (TradeMark etc)
There is a known bug with this feature. Occasionally the list will be incomplete or empty.
For the moment, just close and open the drop-down menu.
- Fixed long standing Calculator title bug. The Calculator now appears in the Icbar Menu too.
22 March 2003
- Fixed Icbar redraw/Network Connection bug.
- Enabled Close icon for all 'Explore' class windows, e.g. Folders from Start Menu.
- Fixed long standing but never mention Transciber bug. Transcriber now works in Icbar Settings dialog.
18 March 2003
- Added Dutch translations
- Added Slovenian translations
- Fixed Memory/Battery execute option to work on Memory/Battery icons greater than 16 pixels wide.
- Added Memory-Up/Battery-Down execute option.
- Allowed execute option to open directories with File Explorer.
- Allowed execute browse option to see all files, not just *.exe, *.lnk, *.cpl
- Fixed Mute Icon transparency bug, where transparent mute icons would pick up background image from the wrong offset.
- Fixed Icbar Menu collapse expand when actioned from any non-default button.
This includes when Icbar is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Changed 'Toggle Hidden Tasks' menu item to 'Hide Tasks' with a checkmark (on/off).
- Fixed 'Close button doesn't appear' bug for the 'Programs' and 'Settings' windows.
- Fixed 'executable string cut short on save' bug for Time and Icbar Menu.
- Added brightness.exe support for the Axim PPC
- Added Network Connection icon with state awareness.
- Added 'Goto Today screen' feature to Close/Minimise function.
- Added Power Off, Copy, Cut, Paste, CTRL ON/OFF, and SHIFT ON/OFF executable functions
The On/Off functions turn 'on' after one tap, 'off' after the second tap. i.e. toggle.
- Added option to disabled the Tap'nHold animation on the bar.
- Added better support for dynamic screen sizing (like Nyditot Virtual Display) 'Resize Desktop' function of Nyditot not compatible, but 'Fit to Desktop' and landscape/portrait work ok.
- Added Minimise execute function to non-close buttons.
- Added permanent Tap'nHold 'Cancel' (i.e. ESC) function to 'OK' button.
- Removed 'PMAIL, TRUE' dialog that was annoying Wayne after exiting Inbox.
- Fixed animated battery meter to allow 'not charged' colour to be transparent.
- Fixed 'Goto Today' disabled after using non-standard graphic bug for 'Close'.
8 September 2002
- v126.96.36.199 Beta3
- Fixed empty 'file browser window' bug.
- Expanded the executables list for easier reading.
- Changed the Icbar icon.
- Fixed skinned battery/memory meter display bug.
- Added Tap/Hold function to executables.
- Added Tap/Hold Close/Minimise function for the Close button.
- Added Icbar Menu to internal list of executeables.
- Allowed dedicated Icbar Menu button to be disabled.
- Added a message to remind the user that changing gradient/font colours
will not take effect while 'Use System Colours' is enabled.
20 August 2002
- v188.8.131.52 Beta2
- Fixed Battery/Memory meter upgrade bug.
- v184.108.40.206 Beta1
- Adjusted Display dialog item alignment.
- Added Browse dialog for Graphic and Executable selection... at last.
- Made Memory/Battery meter skinnable! Detail on the website soon, see this
discussion item on Brighthand.com
- Added option to enable/disable the Battery meter recharge animation.
18 August 2002
- NOTE: A typo lead to the release of v220.127.116.11, if you have
this version, you may want to grab a new one. v18.104.22.168 is the same as v22.214.171.124
I think there were about 7 of you that managed to get v126.96.36.199
- Updated some language translations.
- Fixed a bug with the Battery meter charging animation.
The option to turn off the animation will be in the next version.
10 August 2002
- v188.8.131.52 Beta5
- Added German translation, thanks to Manfred Nerurkar
- Added Portuguese-Brasil translation, thanks to Ricardo V. da Costa Saraiva
- Fixed Icbar Menu popup function for applications with active displays, e.g. PocketTV, PocketDivX.
- Fixed Icbar menu icon order bug.
- Fixed Icbar menu Tasks icon appears blank on open task bug.
- Changed appearance of Memory/Battery meter, it is now shorter and the 'MB'
letters have gone, but it still displays every 10% change as before.
The memory meter now looks like a memory chip so you can tell it apart from
the battery. The Colour option for Bettery/Memory now changes the colour
of the meter outlines. Feedback welcome on this!
- The Battery meter now indicates charging status with an orange increasing
- Fixed the text input method icon function (SIP) for when Icbar is relocated
the bottom of the screen. Also Made Icbar Menu popup from the bottom in this scenario.
- Added Font configuration for Small Date/Time.
- Added smaller font sizes for all font selections.
- Icbar Setup now remembers font/size/style settings when switching between time/date/small date & time.
- Changed Settings 'Startup' page to 'Icbar' page, and added checkboxes for 'Use System Colours' and '3D Buttons'.
'Use System Colours' will override colour choices for the background gradient and Time/Date/Small Date & Time.
'3D Buttons' will allow you to disable the 3D effect on Icbar buttons (independantly of Running Task Icons)
23 July 2002
Added Italian translation, thanks to Luca De Baptistis.
Added Spanish translation, thanks to Carlos Alonso
Updated French translations, thanks to Philippe Jung &
Updated Japanese translations, thanks to the original
WISbar author, Kazuhiko Ookubo.
Fixed PPC2K2 Volume/Next Appointment execution bug.
Code cleanup, reduced IcbarSetup.dll filesize by about
Added 'Start Menu' as an executable option for
Improved Gradient slider response by removing tap-hold
Added two Custom Buttons with default blank icons.
Added the execute function to the Logo button (start menu)
so that you can use your own menu apps.
Changed the left/right Display navigation buttons to
<< and >> at Simon Aubury's request. You'd
think he would at least buy a PocketPC!
22 June 2002
Added 'Notification' execute option for existing Icbar
buttons/items. I'm still looking at a dedicated icon for
notifications, i.e. one that will only appear when
Changed the way Front/Backlight, Clock, Power, and Memory
apps are called. If any of these didn't work for you
before, please try them now and let me know.
Also changed the way PPC2K2 Volume and Next Appointment
dialogs are called, they will now have a better chance at
working in landscape mode. Does anybody use Icbar this
11 June 2002
Oops, fixed 'Unable to load IcbarSetup.dll' error.
10 June 2002
Added Menu expand/contract
Added PPC 2002 'Volume' and 'Next Appointment' dialogs as
Modifications to allow for multiple languages.
Improved Japanese translations.
Added initial French translations, thanks to Marine Kerbiriou.
All suggestions for improved translations welcome.
27 April 2002
Added 'Enable Mute Icon' option on Volume settings. This
will allow you to continue using a single image Volume
icon without it being chopped in half.
Small update :^) Mute Icon!
For the skinners, the Volume icon should be designed as
one image with Volume/Mute icons side by side. Icbar will
use the left *half* of the image for Volume On and the
right *half* for Volume Off (or Mute).
26 April 2002
Added *.lnk to executable browse filter
Added a split Memory/Battery executable intended for the
memory/battery icon. Click on the left you get Memory,
click on the right you get Power.
Fixed stereo volume bug.
Added user defined colour background (moveable gradient)
ability. Solid colour can be chosen by selecting two
colours the same or by moving the gradient bar to the
extreme left/right. Method may change.
Added default action for Memory/Battery, Volume, Today
icons if none found.
18 April 2002
Fixed icon image swapping bug introduced in Beta7.
Changed how Power,Clock,Front/Backlight executables are
called, should now work with more devices.
16 April 2002
Added more builtin executable apps (Memory, Mute Toggle,
Improved default settings for Font/Colour/Stle
Set default executable apps for Today/Volume/Time
Improved Volume dialog mute/unmute function
Added preliminary one tap mute via 'Mute Toggle'
executable option, volume dialog accessed via menu until
tap & hold function added. To enable Mute Toggle (one
tap Mute), choose Mute Toggle as the executable on the
1 April 2002
v184.108.40.206 Beta6 (No joke really!)
Removed 1 line of code! It still works for me, but does it
solve the IPAQ delay problem? Please let me know!
Reduced vertical spacing for tasks in menu.
Changed volume dialog to be more variable.
30 March 2002
Fixed 'Date/Time executable requires Date executable to be
Moved Menu item close button to the right of the menu.
Changed default images.
28 March 2002
Fixed 'enable not checked on open' bug for some of the
buttons (Volume, Today).
Changed 'executable' edit field to edit combo field
allowing predefined executables to be selected. This
allows the default Volume dialog to be called from any
button (inc date/time). Future actions that *may* be found
here *might* include: Rotate Brightness, PPC2K2 Next
Appointment, PPC2K2 Volume control.
26 March 2002
Added Task Menu application icons. Some control panel apps
still don't show icons, hmm, where do we get those from.
25 March 2002
Fixed the 'I only want the Std Logo' bug.
Config dialogs now remember where you were when you last
23 March 2002
Re-organised Config dialogs allowing executables to be
assigned to: Time, Date, Small Date/Time, Volume, Today,
Battery/Memory. Comments welcome on the dialog design.
18 March 2002
Calendar and Contact icons now work in Icbar.
Changed the way Icbar handles applications listed to be
hidden. Rather than load an array of strings from the
start, Icbar now reads from the registry when needed. Less
17 March 2002
Icbar will now hide any application listed (by titlebar
name) in the 'Hide' tab of the Icbar settings dialog.
Defaults to 'ActiveSync'.
15 March 2002
Hopefully... the Battery/Memory icon will execute the
power panel properly, at least it did for Jfidel, thanks
and 'Toggle Hidden Tasks' should work properly now.
14 March 2002
Task menu now pops up below Icbar, centred on the task
Preliminary 'Toggle Hidden Tasks' menu option added...
currently only hides ActiveSync. Will later hide
applications by configurable list of names. (Oops, on
closing apps it seems the ActiveSync icon reappears
13 March 2002
Changed Battery/Memory icon to execute Powerg.cpl rather
6 March 2002
Tidied up volume dialog with one sided slider and
Changed the Mute/Unmute functions to only modify the
volume level, rather than change other key values too.
Changing other key values allowed Wisbar to disable other
Sounds/Notifications if used at the same time as Control
Panel settings. Modifications make Wisbar behave the same
as native volume/mute functions.
Clicking Date, Time, and Memory/Battery icons now execute
native calendar, clock, and Power apps.
Added Volume icon and functions.
5 March 2002
Received WisBar source code from original author, version